Wellsville Central School District
Board of Education Goals
approved: Monday, December 3, 2013
- Continue to monitor the attainment of measurable progress in overall student, building and sub-group performance, including HS graduation rate and K-12 growth necessary to be removed from the state’s Focus District status list.
- Maintain a focus on the increased use of instructional technology to further the district’s mission.
Budget Development and Fiscal Oversight
- Continue to develop a fiscally responsible and transparent budget given the economic constraints of the tax levy limit, maximizing efficiencies while maintaining the integrity of programs and services offered in the district.
- Review / evaluate potential infrastructure upgrades and educational technology solutions that support the District’s mission.
- Update District Policy Manual through the utilization of a 3-member policy committee.
- Increase communication to school community via the district website, Facebook, Twitter and other emergent technologies
- At least 1 BOE member will attend each of the Allegany County and Catt/Alleg School Board association meetings.
- BOE members will communicate to local and state politicians when the subject directly impacts the WCSD and/or rural schools.